Sunday, July 8, 2012

Reviewing Marcell Harris's Saturday Performance at The Opening


Safety Marcell Harris from Orlando put on a show in the Nike 7ON last night on ESPNU.  According to Rivals, Harris has Florida, Florida State, and Texas as his favorites.  After watching him last night, I believe Marcell Harris would be a great addition to this year's class.  Below are a few quick notes about what he did.
  • First, just looking at his height and weight measurements (6'1/207) doesn't do him justice.  Marcell Harris looked bigger than that on my TV screen.  Saying Marcell Harris has great size for a safety would be an understatement.
  • Harris cut off a long pass from Texas commit Tyrone Swoopes and came down with the interception.
  • He then had another INT later in the half.  Harris almost had a third after he went vertical to break up a pass.
  • Overall, Harris had an excellent day for the Field Generals yesterday.  He was the best defender on a team that made highly touted QB Tyrone Swoopes look awful the whole game.
Rivals ranked him as the second-best defender yesterday($):
Harris has proven time and again that he has great instincts, especially when the ball is in the air. He had two interceptions in one game and nearly a third. What's also impressive is that he has great size for a safety, but moves well and is smooth in coverage.
 Here is what he said when asked($) what he thought about possibility of changing positions to linebacker:
"Now people are looking at me different," said Harris "They're blogging right now about me, so I'm in their head that I'm a free safety all the way. I just want to come out here and prove myself again and not listen to the critics and the haters or whatever you want to call them. I'm out here doing my thing. I always feel that I have to prove I'm one of the best safeties in the nation there's a lot of good guys out here at that position. I feel I'm a wide range safety. I try to come out and be like Sean Taylorthat's my favorite player. Me and him have big size and have people critiquing us saying we're linebackers." 

No comments:

Post a Comment